Wednesday, August 3, 2011

. . . starting up again real soon!

Well, here we are. There's less than a month until fall semester starts at BYU. Why is everything in life bittersweet? I mean, I groan when I think about the testing center and bad professors and unnecessary, uncalled for, unbelievable final grades. (A tenth of a point too low, are you kidding me??) But then I think about what else comes with the end of August: Madi and Jordan are coming back to Provo! I haven't seen my best friend in like three months, so I just can't wait for her to come back. School starting also means less boredom, more productivity, less wondering if I'll ever graduate, and more excuses to relax from homework and watch movies every chance I get. Well, I guess I watch movies every chance I get during the summer too . . . but movies during the semester have a purpose. They rejuvenate the soul! . . . Well, they at least let the brain take a break.

So. Am I excited for school? I guess so. Partly because this blog title will actually make sense again. Partly because I love a structured life. Partly because I miss Divine Comedy. But mostly because Madi has become an expert blogger, and when she gets here she'll be able to teach me the ways of a beautiful post. And hopefully she'll show me how to get a dang slideshow on this thing. (If I knew how to add a slideshow, the Disneyland post would have been up FOREVER ago.)

Anyway, want to see some random pictures? I know you do! By the way, these are definitely out of chronological order. Just FYI.


Neither Phil nor I claim to be very artistic. (If you look at Phil's Iron Man chalk work, you'll know the truth.) But for some reason, we always end up doing artsy stuff on dates. Then again, can we call sidewalk chalk, coloring books, and watercolor painting books artistic activities? They seem more like "I don't want to grow up" activities. Either way, we love them!


My Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern didn't turn out quite as well as Phil's Iron Man. And I probably used up every piece of green chalk . . . but that's okay because I'm proud of the logo that I pulled out of my memory!


My lovely grandma turned 85! Can you believe it? To celebrate the day, Grandma, Mom, Mark, Lauren, Christian, Phil, and I all went to the Living Planet Aquarium! But not before we indulged on some delish cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy.


You can't see it here, but Phil and I are sitting on a giant frog. Yeah, it was a little slippery. The aquarium had a lot of cool stuff to look at and touch. We got to "pet" live stingrays in a pond. It was my first time, and it felt like wet, slimy, velvet. (As you can tell, I'm very conflicted about whether or not I enjoyed the sensation.) We also got to watch the . . . aquarium keeper? . . . feed the penguins.


The Green Lantern premier was so great! When Phil and I went to the theater, we copied from the book of Eric and Cindy and decided to wear matching shirts. Not only did we look awesome, but we were awesome because we were first in line, baby!
 

Oh, Harry Potter 7 part 2. What a moment in history. Never have I ever been to a movie premier as exciting, fun, and morose as this one. The audience interacted with the movie perfectly! Everyone laughed, yelled, clapped, and cried in all the right places. Especially cried. After a character sadly and unexpectedly died, the music quieted and sounds of sniffling echoed throughout the theater. I must admit, I teared up too.


Tons of people were dressed up. But Harry Potter fans take premiers to the next level. These people dressed up and acted like the characters. Rita Skeeter (the reporter, I'm sure you know) walked through the lines asking questions and taking notes for her next article.


Look at us being all artsy again! Gotta love Dr. Seuss. We're just learning how to stay in the lines with watercolors though . . .


We love puzzles! Okay, so we've only done one puzzle together. But we loved it! This one was all Disney all over the world! My favorite part was Pooh and Tigger splashing each other in the water off the coast of Canada. Phil loved Kuzco and Yzma hanging out in South America.


We were majorly bummed out when we discovered that the box didn't have all of the pieces! We were missing two pieces to the puzzle. However, we like to look on the bright side of things. It was all good when we decided that since the puzzle was useless, I could take some pieces and put them in our date scrapbook.


BUT THEN! The next day, Dad found the pieces under the table! I was happy to have the full puzzle but sad that I couldn't tape the pieces in our date scrapbook anymore. Maybe I'll post pictures of our date scrapbook; I'm kind of proud of it.


So school is starting up again, and that probably means no more time for sidewalk chalk, puzzles, or midnight premiers. HA! Yeah, right! College may be demanding and hard and vital to our future success, but some things are more important than homework. (Like the second Sherlock Holmes movie coming out in December!)

2 comments:

  1. i love love LOVE the matching shirts!! It is the greatest...just in case someone forgets that you are a couple or something or you lose Phil and can just be like, "hey, have you seen a guy wearing this same shirt?!" It has its perks. haha. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I LOVE this post! You two are positively adorable, and basically I'm obsessed with your writing skills. Can you tutor me PLEASE??

    ReplyDelete